Colour Challenge!



Hey dear, 
So I know I skipped Saturday, that was cause I wasn't feeling well. I actually finished the challenge last week! I was going to write it, but then I had no energy for anything! Anyway, you choose these colours for me, you will see the end results will be slightly darker, but about the colours you pointed out! 

 So today I did wanted to write this post, but I am still not feeling great... Plus I lost my material list, I had written it out and didn't save it... Anyhow, I used the Kaiserkraft sea animals you sent, archival ink, textile paints, textile markers, stencil, paint brushes not meant for textile painting (I haven't used my brushes in a while, they got a bit bend,  instead I used nylon brushes that were too soft for this sort of painting) and a cotton bag (22 x 30 cm) 

Now I have had these bags for a while and usually I use tracing paper to get the things on the fabric. But this time I got a bit lazy and decided to look through the stamps I have to see what would work out with the archivals. I do have to say that the StazOn ink is not recommended for fabrics... But I do not have the black one in VersaCraft... It's on my list now. Anyway, I started with the flower stamp, but it did not work out. The stamp has too much detail, I still would have to trace and figure out how to work with it. Instead I did a complete change and decided for a simple stamp, the colours you gave me work for sea animals too! So out came the KaiserKraft animals! I do love the turtle! 


Oh I tried out both archival inks I had, StazOn worked better than the Ranger one. Again, both are not actually meant for fabric! But I just needed a guidlines to know what I was painting! 
As you can see the original plan was to colour in flowers and butterflies! 

The sea animals I have. A hint: I do not have the cute sea horse... Oh and I decided the rob/ sea lion? didn't really fit, so I decided not to use it! 


I decided that the fishes and octopus could work out in one corner and the turle and crab could be alone! I ofcourse put the turtle on there first!  Now that I think of it, I could have made a circle of turtles! Or have three turtles and all.. but yeah, this was I had more the play with! 

Now... I had an issue with my textile brushes, they were in a bag and bend, so it was hard to use them. Instead I decided to look through my brushes and got these out. They're nylon and I think I got them from the action... Also they are way to thick/ big to use for this, but I decided to use it anyway. 

I  decided to use and try out if the paints were still okay when I used it! It must have been a few years since the last time I painted with these! Now I have a couple of different ones. The one on the top, Dylon one is one that you sent me (from when you were in Scotland) 
The first from the second row is an old Talens one, that one might be about 15 years old... The bottles are only 15 ml, but they go a loooooooong way. The second and third one are Talens too, one is universal and the other satin. They can be used on other surfaces too! The 4th one ArtDeco and the fifth one REd Rose Color are bottles my sister bought in Turkey, they are at least a decade? old.

A random babble, besides papercraft (paper pads, dies, stickers) the other crafts are very easily accessible in Turkey. You've seen enough pictures of rows of wool and rows of paints! And stencils! So the plan for this summer is to get a lot of fabric paint brushes, maybe a couple of paints too. (And LOADS OF STENCILS!) 

I started with what I use for a base, metalic white! I used to be able to get this with the Royal Talens (Parelmoer Wit), but I remember vaguely that it wasn't allowed anymore because of chemicals used...Yes, these bottles are old too! I had about 5 bottles and they were all opened and used... *eyeroll* 

Anyway, I decided to swatch all the colours I picked out:  




So base paint for all of them! 

I decided to start with the turtle. One of the things I do love is to mix colours! 

Now the end results are under here! 




So after the animals were all colours I was too tired to bother working on the detail lines! Instead I decided to do some stenciling. I do have to say this was the first time in aaaages I did this. The last time was at secondary school during the introduction week... Textile paint was more stenciling that actual painting! 

Anyhow, I decided to use up the paint that was left on the palette!  I used a paint dauber (is that what they are called?) to stencil it through! 

This is how it ended up looking with the three colours...  

It needed some yellow! and I just used my fingers! I also did it with white paint as well! 


The end result! 

Finally the details! I did not like working with these brushes! 

Details are all done! 



Oh and it still looked not finished so I added highlight with a black marker (old markers from Action! I need to try them all and throw away the ones that don't work) 

The Action marker

And the Dylon marker! I don't know if you remember these, but they were in the Scotland package too! 

So this is the end result! After painting it I ironed it so the paint would set! I am okay with it, I have no clue for what I will use it!  

Another post on Saturday! What do you think of  a Haul one? 














Comments

  1. I can't believe I took so long to reply to this. That bag looks so awesome. What a fun idea. I actually found some fabric paints when I was cleaning up the other day. Maybe I should try using them.

    Great work, as usual

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts