One Sketch, four Cards

 Hello Hello Hello, 

Well it's been a while, hasn't it!? Well a lot has happened since the last post.... Like the world having a mental breakdown, like any mental health issue it has had its ups and downs. Anyhow, I am not here to write about mental health (even though that is a very important issue), but about the four cards I made. 

The last few months I have been making a lot of cards, to send out. and Anny is preparing for a workshop cardmaking, so asked me if I could help with an idea. Making different cards (at least two) with one sketch using different tecniques. I asked for a sketch, since I wasn't up to come up with one or even look one up. (Like the world I am having my struggles and sometimes a simple thing is not simple).  

So she came up with this sketch idea, heavily inspired by an Altenew card sketch (Anny told me to mention this). That said, I am not adding the names and brands of the materials I am using. 

So here is the Sketch: 



First card
Used materials: Patterned paper, coloured paper and stamps, black ink, doubled sided foam tape, glue. 

So I am keeping things easy and simple. 
I found a patterned paper between my scraps big enough to use for this. 
The base and the coloured paper are linen cardstock. I cut out the coloured paper in the sizes of  the rectangles (3.8 x 9.2 cm) and the patterened paper 1 cm smaller (2.8 x 8.2 cm). Pattered paper is stuck with foam tape, the coloured paper is glued down. 
The little hats and the sentiment are from the same stamp set, I stamped it out and cut around it. Stuck them down with foam tape too. 
Because the colour black on the stamps I added black around the card and the coloured rectangles. (I would have added it to the pattered paper too, but I had already stuck them on there!) 


Close up of the foam tape effect. 


Second card
Used materials: washi sheets, coloured and metallic paper, die cut and foam tape. 

Even easier than the first card. Cut the washi sheets (they were 15x15cm) in to the sizes of the rectangles. Stuck them to the paper. Did the same with the sentiment one. 
Saw that the washi had 2 balloons, decided to die cut some balloons in similar colours. The balloons are stuck with double sided tape. The sentiment is also raised with foam tape. 


Close up of the pattern of the washi tape and the balloon die cuts. They're slightly raised. 


Third card
Used materials: Paper, paint markers, ballpoint pen, double sided foam tape

I played a little with the sketch, you can still see the base, but it's been moved around a little. (I had a different idea for this card, but didn't have the materials, so I changed it to this!) 

I drew the sketch and used paint markers to colour them in. I used the same paper (linen card stock) for this as the other cards. The paint markers did not like this. Yes, I know the importance of using the right type of paper, but I was not willing to restart this whole process. If I ever make a card like this again, I would use a different paper. 

After the sketch I decided to colour in the parts and was planning on adding something on top of it. However I could not find anything I liked on top of it, so I took the metallic counterparts of the colours and decided to doodle on them! This is what came out! 

The sentiment part is added with a ballpoint pen. 

You can make your own patterns, I came up with this while making it. Again I did raise the sentiment. I like that. 


Fourth card
Used materials: Inkpad, blending tool, gesso, die cuts, left over die cuts, silver paint marker, coloured paper, metallic paper, double sided foam tape

I had a different idea for this card, but again, linen card stock and blending ink is not a good idea. It sucked up the ink and I had to change my idea. I had the left overs of the die cuts that I made and used it as a stencil, so I did it again for this page. 
I cut out the rectangles from a different page and used the frame as a stencil to blend the ink on the paper. After that I took out the left over stencil die cut and used gesso with a blending tool (or make up sponge in my case) through it. 
That done I picked up my silver paint marker and decided to dot around the leaves. The "sentiment" piece is cut out from metallic paper (same used for the balloon card), dotted and written hey on it. 
Finished it with some of the die cuts. 

ink, gesso through stencil die cut, dotted silver marks around the leaves.

Die cuts, put down with double sided foam tape, like the sentiment stripe. 

The left over die cut that I used as a stencil! 

These were all made in the same day. I just looked at what I had around me and used them. There are a lot of other materials and techniques you can use, just be creative! 

And as you can see anything is a material for making a card ;) 
Hope you enjoyed! 

Love, Seher Tuba. 

Comments

  1. I really love the results you came up with. Thank you so much for doing this for me. I can't decide which card I like the best. Each one I look at is my favourite as I look at it. ☺
    I've made two cards from the sketch and I'm hoping to make more but I'm getting a migraine so I'll have to wait. I'll blog about it though, and also post pictures of what my students make when I run the class 😄
    Thanks again love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving me the opportunity, I had fin making them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts