Introductions Part 1

Hey Dorky!
So I wanted to start with an introduction, mostly cause I think that is the proper way to start something. So we have been friends for almost 2 decades now and we met through an Orlando Bloom (LOTR) fanfic… In my defense I was a teenager. It took me some time to get out from the lurking and start commenting on things.
Back to my introduction: My name is Seher Tuba, 32 going on 5. Dutch and Turkish, yes I am part of both. I was 2 months old when I came with my parents to live here in this country (The Netherlands). My grandfather came in 1974, to help with the rebuilding of Europe after the Second World War. Then his small family followed. 
I live in the gorgeous city Delft, seriously love everything about this city. I live in an old neighborhood with loads of elderly living. Although that is changing, we get more and more students of the TU (Delft University of Technology) getting housing around here. Also I live very close to the Delftse Hout, the forrest!
 Right now I am taking a mental health care break from life. Although slowly I am getting back to the ‘normal’ and expected way of living. At the moment I don’t feel like writing/talking too much about this topic.
I want to restart with my Social Works study in September again. (I took a mental health break from it when things went wrong). I had a meeting with my mentor and the dean and it looks good. I will have to start in the new curriculum, but all my points still count! Yay! I still have 2 subjects from the second year I will have to do… But I am positive things will be okay.  
Now let’s talk about my hobbies. I should ask you to name them… But I can challenge you with something else later. Anyway hobbies (I am suddenly wondering If you write hobbies or hobby’s. Oh never mind, the second one is the Dutch version!)
I’ll keep this short, since they’re so regular and boring hobbies: reading books, watching movies and series, travel (who does not love to travel?), crafting (I can sort of draw and paint, make cards… but hey, we can write about these here!), walking, taking photos, making food (okay cooking and baking, but on a very very low level!) and eating food too! Uumm… What else… I like to write, but not many people have read what I wrote. (Just you and Megan). Oooh and letter writing. Yes, I write pages full of how I am, what I have been doing, replies to letters I received and put them in an envelope to send it to another person somewhere in the world!   Then wait weeks to get a reply!
Is this enough for an introduction. For now it should be.
Enjoy! And thank you for doing this with me!
 Take Care, 

Comments

Popular Posts