Photos of Amazing cakes!


Hey Dorky!

Sooo happy Saturday. I won’t be writing about Kingsday, which was yesterday the 27th of April. I went to work for 1,5 hours and came home to lie down and rest. I ended up making an artjournal page. Fell asleep watching random YouTube videos. I was just exhausted mentally. So in a way you celebrated Willem’s Birthday more than I did! Still Happy Birthday King Willem-Alexander! (I wrote Prince first…)

Anyway, back to my subject: Making photos of amazing cakes.

My friend and colleague (from the hotel) Debby is working on her cake buisness: A Tiny Red Dot (on Instagram and FaceBook) and I am helping her. I want to be and stay in the background because I start uni again in September. I don’t want to be too involved and end up being not able to help much. Finishing my study is and will be in the important thing for the coming few years. I’m going off topic again…
The cakes are made by Debby, who has an amazing backstory on why she started, but I can’t share any of that at the moment. (I don’t have the permission (Didn't ask...) and it’s very personal). She has big big plans for her cake business. She’s a starter and very small atm, but one day she’ll have a store in every country. The cakes I photographed were for the principal and teacher of her 5 year old son as a thank you for all their help.

The principal will get four potted pink roses. Two of the pots are blue and the other two are pink, with a heart in front of them. The roses are ombre (basically the color is moving shades and tints. The inner petals are lighter in colour than the outer petals).  The teacher will get 4 different cakes with teacher related decorations, such as an apple, books, crayons, blackboard and a drawing. Actually Debby got a chance to give it to the teacher who was very excited and happy about receiving them! Who wouldn’t love to get cake?

I am very happy with how the photos turned out, because I felt sick that day. I had to call Debby up to ask her to pick me up from the store nearby. I went in to get cola/coke, which helps me with the nausea I was having. We got to her place and she even told me to go home and rest. I sat down, rested a bit and took the photos. We had been talking about it for two weeks so I really wanted to take the photos. One thing I should have also done is take close up photos of details. Oh, I am taking the photos with my current phone (LG4). I need a new phone, but that is another story…

The teacher cakes that I took inside, with books of Debby's son! 

Now this cake was my favourite basically because of the books! It just looks amazing! 


I am not sure why a Math related one was needed... Ugh! 



For the cakes for the principal we went outside and took them in the park near her and near the TUDelft (University of Technology Delft)


This is the park in front of her house and I just wanted to have a picture with the bright yellow dandelions! 

This is a Church nearby Debby's place, Vrede means Peace in Dutch. 

In my head the roses were tulips for some reason... But I used the single tulip we saw! 


These two are made near the Architecture building of TU Delft, the building is surrounded by trees who all have blossoms at the moment. Of course the trees are loosing their gorgeous pink flowers...  

Hope you enjoyed reading and looking at the photos. Things I learned: I love natural light for photos! YAY! Don't go anywhere when you feel sick and can smell everything. Oh and take close up of the cake decorations! 

Till the next time we write! 
ps: wanna do a challenge?




Comments

  1. Hey Cheeky,
    Those cakes look incredible. Debby is so talented. I half hope that the cakes taste terrible so you'd have an excuse not to eat them. They look too beautiful to bite in to. But I'm sure the people getting them will be thrilled with them.
    The photos are fantastic as well. It's amazing how well smart phones take pictures these days (and don't I sound old!). I remember when the only photos you could take on your phone were these teeny tiny little things that you couldn't actually do anything with. You couldn't get them off your phone, and sending them was a nightmare, so I'm not sure what the point was. But this was when the only game on your phone was Snake. Now Snake is a great game, but not exactly the height of sophistication.
    Yes, I'm a dork!
    Let's do a challenge. Sounds fun. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts